At IQAir, we take your privacy seriously.
This policy focuses on personal information related to the operation of IQAir AirVisual App, website (www.airvisual.com), AirVisual Pro monitor and API (collectively, IQAir AirVisual Products).
1. We will be transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them.
2. We will ask your permission before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than at your request or to provide and improve IQAir AirVisual’s products & services, and to do so only when we think they will provide you with a welcome additional service.
3. We will use best-in-class data security tools to keep your data safe and protect the IQAir AirVisual products and services from unauthorized access.
IQAir AirVisual App collects:
· Information you provide us directly
· Device identifiers
· Your device public IP address
· Your username and e-mail address when you register for an IQAir AirVisual account
· Your Facebook public profile information, including your profile name and profile picture when you register using your Facebook account
· Profile information that you provide for your user profile. (e.g., your first and last name)
· A profile picture
· Your precise location
· Data records of your IQAir AirVisual monitor if you register your device to your IQAir AirVisual App
· When you use a mobile device like a smartphone or a tablet to access to the IQAir AirVisual App service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by IQAir AirVisual App.
· In order to provide you with localized air quality information, the server may return air quality data based on your device public IP address. IP addresses are not precise and usually would locate a city.
This document focuses on personal information related to the operation of the public websites available at AirVisual.com and AirVisual.com sub-domains (each, a “Site”).
IQAir AirVisual Website collects:
· Login Information
· Device Usage Information
· Website and App Use Information
· Your location information
Login Information: If you create an IQAir AirVisual account, your name and e-mail address can be stored by IQAir. Your email address may be used to send you news about IQAir AirVisual-related services, surveys, products or promotions.
Air Quality Monitor Device Usage information: If you have an IQAir AirVisual air quality monitor device, we record adjustments you make to the product through the website interface. We store this data along with your email address, information about your IQAir AirVisual monitor device, data collected directly by the device.
Like many websites or apps, we analyze log file information and other data collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technology, to collect information about your browsing behavior when you visit our Site, including for example, your browser type, domains, page views, IP address, referring/exit pages, information about how you interact with our Site’s webpages. We use session cookies to keep you logged in while you use features of our Site; these disappear after you close your browser. We also use persistent cookies, which stay in your browser and allow us to recognize you when you return to the Site. We use this to remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it, to better understand how you use our website and products and services, to diagnose and fix technology problems, and otherwise enhance our Site, products, and services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to change the settings of your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you set your browser to reject cookies, parts of our Site may not work for you. Please note, depending on your type of device or browser, it may not be possible to delete or disable all tracking mechanisms on your browser and AirVisual app. We may use IP geolocation to provide relevant information to you.
Your location information: Like many website or apps, we may use your IP address or your precise location (if provided by you) to deliver you relevant air quality information.
Payment and card information
If you purchase IQAir AirVisual products through our website, you provide your payment information, which can include your name, credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code, and billing address. We do not store this payment information. We store your shipping address to fulfill your order. Note that third-party payment processors such as Paypal may retain this information in accordance with their own privacy policies and terms.
Your Permission: Permission for data collection and processing.
International data transfers. Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by IQAir or its service providers in the countries where our servers reside. If you are using IQAir AirVisual products and services in the European Economic Area or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from other countries’ data laws, you agree to the transfer of your personal data to the countries where IQAir operates.
We use this information to provide, develop and improve IQAir AirVisual products and services, including to make assessments and recommendations about products and safety.
When we’re providing a product or service.
We process your data to provide and support a product or service that you’ve asked for under a contract.
When we’re pursuing legitimate interests.
We process your information for our legitimate interests while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means that we process your information for things like:
· offering and improving IQAir AirVisual products and services
· developing new products and features
· understanding how people use our products and services
· sending you direct marketing and other communications from IQAir
· protecting against harm to the rights, property and safety of IQAir, our users, and the public
· detecting, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security or technical issues with our services
· maintaining and improving the integrity of our computing systems, and protecting our users’ data security
· enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of our terms or policies when we’re complying with legal obligations.
We process your data when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if we’re responding to a legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
With your consent: We ask for your consent to process your information for certain specific purposes and give you the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the activation and delivery of IQAir AirVisual products and services without asking you first. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
With your permission: We may share personal information when we have your permission. One example of this would be if you invite another user to share access to Products on your account as an additional authorised user. Another example of this would be if you publicly publish a Product’s air quality data, such as publishing an air monitor as a validated outdoor station.
For troubleshooting: To help solve any of your problems related to IQAir AirVisual products and services, IQAir employees can access certain limited information about you or your account to the extent that this enables the troubleshooting purpose.
If you select an outside party for the purchase, or service of your IQAir AirVisual device and share your personal information, we cannot control the collection, storage or sharing of information collected by that party. For example, if you buy an IQAir AirVisual monitor from a retailer, the retailer may collect personal information as part of the transaction.
IQAir generally stores your personal information on IQAir’s servers until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain an IQAir customer in order to provide you with IQAir AirVisual products and services. In addition, IQAir may store your personal information to resolve disputes, establish legal defences, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements and comply with applicable laws.
You can access, amend your personal information from IQAir’s servers through the controls in your account. You can also request IQAir to delete your account information on our servers at any time.
Individual Rights in the European Economic Area.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may seek confirmation regarding whether IQAir is processing personal information about you, request access to your personal information and ask that we correct, amend or delete your personal information. In addition, you may object to IQAir’s processing of your personal information at any time. However, doing so may impact your use of the products and services of IQAir.
If applicable law provides you with the right to request access to, object to or restrict processing, seek rectification or request erasure of personal information held about you by IQAir, you may do so, as applicable, through controls in the IQAir AirVisual application or by contacting IQAir. To protect your privacy, IQAir will endeavour to take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, we use a variety of legal mechanisms to help ensure your data is appropriately protected.
How can I contact IQAir?
If you have any questions, you may submit an enquiry to our support desk: https://support.airvisual.com/
9403 Goldach, Switzerland
IQAir North America
14351 Firestone Blvd
La Mirada, CA 90638, USA
Unit 1305B, DRC Liangmaqiao Diplomatic Office Building
Tower D1, No.19 Dongfang Dong Road Chaoyang District
100600 Beijing, China